Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Morning

Our last post on this poor blog was in February. By that time, I had lost 15 lbs and was having serious side issues because of it. I went to the doctor who suggested a surgical procedure that would eliminate the majority of my problems. I was all set to do that, when I found out my insurance deductible was sky high; and of course we fat, somewhat healthy people had not met that deductible.

It was with much discussion between my hubby and I and even my mother in law and some family members as to what to do. I had already, since our last post, regained nearly all my weight, and was having weight related issues.
I was caught between a rock and a hardplace. I needed the surgery to safely lose weight, but since I couldn't have the surgery as planned, I was having alot of physical side affects from the weight!
Finally, after shortness of breath and alot of heartburn and a myriad of other weight related issues, my husband and I decided that I did indeed need to lose weight.
I alerted the family to the fact that my weight loss brings on those other side effects and issues that the surgery will take care of. In the meantime, I am going about this weight loss issue slightly different then in the past.
I still have that goal of losing 50 lbs. I just have to lose it very slowly, so that my body can adjust better, and that I can almost fool my body into thinking that it's not going through some huge change.
I started this process the end of October. By the end of November, I had lost 5 pounds, and with only minor fluctuations in my system. As of this morning, I have lost 6 lbs total.
So after that re-introduction into the weight loss blog, let me tell you what I am doing.
I have cut down my portions, and I am basically eating 1 meal a day usually lunch or an early supper. Now I do snack in between some times - tortilla chips and salsa dip, etc. I do have some chocolate candy every now and again, but 1 peice usually does the trick.
I am not exercising ye,t although I want to, I am actually scared to.
I know some of you will laugh at me or scoff, but that is probably because you do not understand the extent of physical and emotional agony I go through when I lose weight at full speed ahead.
I am excited and scared as I reach the 200 lb mark. Usually the worst of my problems is when I get below that 200lbs. I am hoping that my losing 5 lbs a month only that I can sneak into it without so much drama.
See, If I lost just 5 lbs a month, I will have lost 60 lbs by the end of a full year. Sounds very reasonable to me. My heartburn has lessened and my breathing is better, and some of the other issues are starting to dissipate, but I am going to keep going.
So I will use this blog to chronicle my progress and to encourage any of you out there suffereing from a myriad of physical problems that we can do this.. even if it's just slowly!
Thanks yall and welcome back
Rebecca

No comments: