Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Break Through

Hello to all my weight loss buddies.
I finally reached a very important milestone that I have struggled to get past for 2 months. I am happy to say that I have lost 13 pounds so far!
Two special people took me shopping today for my birthday. I was not sure if this was because I am not at the height of fashion, or if they were just being nice. I was somewhat reluctant to try on a store full of clothes, and parade them to the critical eye. I am very self conscious of my weight, but also of my appearance. It's a great day when I actually feel like I look good.
What was really encouraging was that the size in clothing that I am used to wearing was actually too big on me now! It was nice to pick out smaller sizes, and to see what mixed and matched to make a great outfit.
They proceeded to close the store down around us, as I was trying on all sorts of ensembles.
Amongst the three of us, we picked THE special outfit. I was happy to come home, and model it for my family.
My husband decided that from now on he will give those 2 stylist friends of mine the money, and tell them to take me shopping!
I came home, and started removing from my closet all the clothes that were in that larger size, that I now know do NOT fit me anymore!
I will pack them up and put them in a box for the Philippines(our church's current mission project). Maybe some pregnant women over there would like some large comfy clothes to wear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I too have been struggling. I've lost 10 lbs, but seem to be stuck there. Have you worn your new outfit to church yet? If you wear it be sure to grab me an show it off! ;)

Unknown said...

WTG on your weight loss.