Sunday, October 5, 2008

Feeling Better, Yes, Better Indeed!

When we were on vacation, I gained five pounds. I think most of that was water retention from the packaged foods we ate and also eating out. But still...five pounds!! I had to take it off before I started counting my weight loss again. Before vacation I had lost seven pounds. So that five pound gain was a blow to my spirits.

Thanks to my weight loss buddy, Rebecca, and her encouragement, along with the encouragement of my hubby, I hung in there and lost those five pounds. But the best part about it, is that on top of those five pounds, I've lost two more. Bringing my total weight loss to nine pounds. WOO HOO!

I believe a lot of that is due to my workout routine. Which is a lot of walking on the treadmill. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep that up though. I've decided to just keep it up and let my ankle tell me when it's time to stop. Bruce wrapped it tight the other day and that seemed to help a lot. So I'll keep doing that.

Anyway, stepping on the scale this morning made me want to shout, but I believe I only squealed.

3 comments:

Nanny said...

Kristi,
I am so glad about your weight loss since your vacation and that you did not give up.
I can really start to tell by your face and your clothes.
Keep up the good work girl.
Love you,
Mom

JONATHAN said...

CONGRATS!!!! Way to go!

Theresa's Notes said...

lol I just seen that my comment was posted under my son's blog name. He always forgets to sign out.

So the comment from Jonathan's Journal, was me. :)