Sunday, September 28, 2008

Depressed

Well, being on vacation with my family who opted out of dieting during that time was not good for me! I'm not blaming my failure on them. I could have done better. But the temptation was so strong. I did gain weight and I was ready to give up all together Thursday morning. But my sweetie pie encouraged me and I decided that after the wedding and the birthday party I would start over. Now that they're over, I am in full swing again. He gained eight pounds over vacation and lost six his first night back to work. Do you know how long it would take me to lose six pounds? lol I think that's why it was so depressig. I don't think we have anything too tempting for several weeks now. So, that's good.

I was feeling quite depressed but woke up with a good attitude this morning. I keep telling myself, This is not a diet plan. But rather a change of life. There's no time limit of when I have to lose a certain amount of weight. It's just about losing weight. It's hard to remember that sometimes. Just the word diet sends my head into a frenzy.

3 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I'm sorry that you had let yourself get so down about your gain. Although...I had too. My problem was not vacation...I was home. But I let my burdens take my focus off the Lord and therefore I wasn't trusting Him to help me lose the weight. I didn't listen to Him when He would tell me I didn't need to eat this or I didn't need to eat that. Or that I was eating too much of what I was eating. I was trying to drown my sorrows in my food. Which was the wrong attitude by the way!

I'm thankful that I have gotten back on track with the help of the Lord and it sounds like you have too. Don't let yourself get away from this desire you have to feel better and take care of the temple God has given you. We all get discouraged and down about it. But like you said (which is the mindset I have adopted as well) that it is not a diet...it is a new way of eating and a change of life with how and what we eat.

My hardest challenge has been exercise. I don't do it. And I know I need to!! So please pray for me about that. I have gone as far as I can go with my weight-loss without it being a part of my life and the changes I'm trying to make in taking care of my body.

Are you drinking your daily required amount of water? That is very important too. That has been the key to my weight-loss too. Our bodies need water to flush out the impurities and stuff our body doesn't need. I drink approximately 82 oz. of water a day. I used to hate water...but now I love it and my body craves it when I don't get it. Plus it is good to keep me full so I don't snack as much.

I'm praying for you Sis!! I'm sorry my comment was so lengthy!

Bless said...

Love your comment Julie and your insight. Thank you for the encouragement. I find that Krisi and I often share our disappointments or depressions at the same time. I also find that when she loses weight I gain her weight. Hey what are partners for?!
I have lost the same pound for the past 3 weeks! It has become very funny to me actually.
Kristi and I will get to do a bike ride on Saturday, we are both looking forward to the fun AND the exercise.
Keep up the good work and the good word Julie.

Nanny said...

Hello My little one,
Glad to know that you are back on the wagon and not beating yourself up anymore.
We all fall of that diet wagon ever now and then. We just need to let God take control of that wagon and get us back on. HE WILL!
Glad to know you have such good friends to encourage you.
That Rebecca, she is a nut! I thought I would wet my pants when I read about her same one pound that she keeps loosing. That is so funny. I love her.
Well today is another day that God has given to us to do right. Will I make it?? You know, I may be 60 years old but I still have problems with that diet that I have been doing for 60 years. :} :}
Pray for me too.
Love you,
Mom