Monday, September 1, 2008

Holiday Eating and Recipe

I think I did OK today, considering we had a holiday get together at my mother in law's home. I didn't eat breakfast this morning and I only ate one plate of food at Marie's. I did have dessert, but I made sure it was a thin slice.

I drank my water and that helped to fill me up a lot. I do think I could have done better, but I'm not being too hard on myself. Tuesday is my actual starting date anyway. But I must say, I was completely aware of the food around me. I chose to focus more on family today and not the food.

I found a recipe in my Weight Watcher's cookbook I thought you might like to try.

For those of you counting POINTS, this is 4 points. Each serving provides 2 Proteins; 1/2 bread; 65 optional calories.

Per Serving: 213 calories, 13 g Protein, 9 g fat, 20 g Carbohydrate, 239 mg Calcium, 525 mg Sodium, 22 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Dietary Fiber.

Breakfast Pie:

1 refrigerated 9 in pie crust
6 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 oz cooked, crumbled turkey sausage
1/4 c chopped mushrooms
1 TBS chopped onion
1 TBS chopped green bell peppers
4 large eggs
3/4 c low fat (2%) milk
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425. Prick crust several times with fork; line with aluminum foil and fill with dry beans or pie weights. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 min. Place crust on rack to cool completely. Reduce oven heat to 375. (To be honest, I don't understand this method. Do you?)

2. Place half the cheese in baked pie shell; top evenly with sausage, mushrooms, onion, and bell peppers. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.

3. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over filled pie crust. Bake 45 min, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 8 servings

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, this recipe looks great!!I'll be praying for both of you. I'm planning on starting again too. Me AND Jon this time!!!

Susan said...

Hi! On the recipe, I think the higher temp is just for the crust, then the lower one is to cook the egg part slowly. You prebake the crust to keep it from getting soggy from the egg mixture.

I'll keep in touch over here. Are you guys using the plate method, like I posted about last week? Looking forward to seeing good results!