Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ten "Way of Life" Rules

This was in our Weight Warriors book and I thought they would be good to share. They're diet food for thought, if you will.
:)

1. I will not starve myself, but practice self control daily.

2. I will never, never, never, go on a fad diet (THOSE POUNDS COME BACK IN TWOS!)

3. When I am hungry between meals, I will remember that a growling stomach is an opportunity to lose a pound.

4. I will pray daily and ask the Lord to help me to lose weight for his glory so that I may be a better vessel for His use.

5. I will make a conscious effort not to eat after 7:30 PM, even if I only ate a little bit for dinner. Those night time snacks only add to my hips.

6. I will make a conscious effort to eat less fat. I will use the guideline: for every 100 calories, try to limit to 3 or less grams of fat.

7. I will make a conscioius effort to eat more high fiber foods. They make everything move faster.

8. I will make a conscious effort to eat less salt. My goal is to keep my sodium intake below 2000. I will remember to look at labels, eat fewer packaged and fast foods, and not add salt while cooking.

9. I will make a conscious effort to eat less refined sugar including honey.

10. When I am feeling week, wobbly, and have the urge to succumb, I will pray and call my partner for encouragement.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand."
Philippians 4:5

1 comment:

Bless said...

Wow the 10 Commandments of Weight Loss. These are so similar to what we are to adhere to from the Bible, and sometimes they both seem impossible to do.
Today is cheat day, so I ate 1 pancake for breakfast this morning.
As you know Kristi, I am not eating bread products on my diet, only whole grain rice. I also ate a bowl of cereal last night after REvival since I hadnt ate anything since lunch yesterday.
I guess I should have called you instead?