Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shot in the Dark

Well, today was pretty rough for me. I suffer from chronic fatigue most of the time, but today was really bad. I got up this morning for 20 minutes and crashed back into bed. I did not get up until noon! I was still pretty tired all day.
I almost didn't eat supper, I spent alot of time fixing everything my husband wanted and by the time I was done stir frying and grilling I was sick of looking at food.
This is a good thing, except that I had not ate much all day, so my husband fixed me a plate and told me to eat.
I felt like he had given me too much! I think this means that although I gained back a pound this morning( somehow) that my stomach is shrinking.
I think Kristi is going through this as well. I did notice that my hips seem just a tad slimmer then they were. Maybe I am imagining it.
Tonight, well let me tell you about tonight!
We set out to do our nightly walk of 1.2 miles. This consists of a steep hill that feels like you are climbing Mount Everest and cant breathe. Well at least to us fat people it does. Then you walked to the end of the road turn around walk all the way back and down the hill. At the bottom of the hill you turn around and walk back up it the second time and then return home.
Well tonight, we got halfway to the hill and heard one of our crazy cats behind us.
He was following us like a dog and meowing because we were getting to far ahead of him. Scared that he would turn into road pizza , we turned around and I grabbed him just as a car came whizzing by!. We made him follow us all the way back to the house to close him inside for his own safety.
We then set out again to walk up that dreaded hill.
Halfway up the hill we hear a gunshot! It was very close by, and boy, did our hearts and minds start jumping. We figured it came from the goat farm at the top of the hill. Well, we proceeded cautiously to the top of the hill and flashed our flashlight around searching for the cause of the commotion.
We saw the goat farmer come out of the goat shed. Hubby decided to speak to him. I am thinking -here we are in the middle of the country- it's pitch dark outside - we are strangers, and HE has a gun! Now tell me again Why we had to talk to him?
LOL, ok so we were checking to make sure everything was ok.
The rest of our walk was uneventful after that, but whoever thinks that weight loss is boring just doesnt know Kristi and I LOL!
Kristi, will you save me some of your applesauce?

2 comments:

Bless said...

Sorry about the typos and bad grammar, blogger was being a booger and I wasn't able to edit it as I liked. Just read what I mean not how it looks.
:)

Melting Away said...

Of course I'll save you some applesauce....out of the next batch. The first batch is gone! I had planned on making more this weekend, so I'll have you some Sunday, Lord willing.

Funny story about the goat farmer. I would be feeling the same way you were. lol And you're right...dieting is NOT boring.