Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Of Apples and Veggies

I had several friends that went to the mountains after bus ministry Saturday. They were supposed to bring me back apples from an apple orchard they were picnicing near, but said they couldn't find any good ones. Most were rotten so I was bummed. But right now, Hannah is in the kitchen peeling apples off of my friend, Freida's, apple trees, preparing them to make unsweetened applesauce. Freida picked them from her trees yesterday and brought me two bags FULL of big, beautiful apples. Thank you, Freida!!

I love steamed veggies. I figured out that if I put my serving of veggies in a ziploc baggie with a little water, zipped shut with a small hole for air to escape, it steams them to perfection. A little salt and...mmmm, good!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, great work, both of you!!!It is inspiring to see such hard work pay off!!!

Sis. Julie said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been by to check out your new weight-loss blog. I've been down and out for a time and hadn't even been focusing at all on my own weight-loss or my own blog. I am back and hoping to do much better now. I hope you aren't a casualty due to others not encouraging you like we all need to.

I love you and I know we can do this with the Lord's help!!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

PS...You'll find I like to push this thing of drinking lots of water...it helps and it works. Plus it is good for our bodies!!

Theresa's Notes said...

Hey Kristi, I'm sorry your depressed, that is not a good thing to be when you trying to lose weight. I will be praying for you. And keep your chin up.

Rebecca, I hope your doing well. You keep your chin up too :) and keep your eyes on Him and you'll do well.

Praying for the both of you.